Electric skateboards are one of the best vehicles you can buy for your kid. They are easy to use, safe when used properly and most are inexpensive.
With it, any kid can reach a destination faster and with much less effort than with a non-electric vehicle. It’s parents’ responsibility to choose the best electric skateboard model for their kid and we can help you with your choice.
Check out our list of top 10 electric skateboards for kids and pick the one that provides the properties and quality that best fit your budget and expectations.
Teamgee is one of the pioneers in the drop-through deck technology in skateboards which improves the thickness of the board’s deck which improves its stability and overall experience during skateboarding.
Thus, we highly recommend the Teamgee H5 37″ Electric Skateboard, 2 model as it is reliable, affordable and highly rated by the majority of customers.
Characteristics of the Teamgee H5:
- Range – 11 Miles Range
- Battery – 2 Hours Fully Charger
- Max speed – 22MPH
- Very thin deck, one of the thinnest on the market at only 0.59 inches. The board is also only 3 inches off the ground for better control and stability in turns.
- Very powerful drive train with two motors each with a power of 389W. Tops speeds of 22MPH – one of the fastest boards on the market.
- Wireless remote control with an LCD screen. Adjustable speeds and directions, as well as reverse gear.
- Concave deck for effortless turning, you can take sharp turns while maintaining stability and safety.
- Tires worn faster than usual
- Loses power and speed over time but that’s normal given that the board is really powerful
- In rainy weather, when braking hard the board is turning easily and might endanger you so be careful!
This is one of the best electric skateboards money can buy at the moment. It’s available in 3-speed models. With all of them, you can start at low speed for greater safety and stability at the start. When it runs out of battery, it can be used as a normal skateboard.
- The max speed of these electric skateboards is 12 mph.
- Maximum travel range – 7 miles
Pros of the Aceshin eboard:
- Has an automatic power off after 5 minutes when not underuse.
- Brushless hub motor with 250W power. Creates fewer problems than belt drive motors.
- 3 speeds available – low, medium and High – changeable via the remote control
- Some buyers report that the board’s truck should be adjusted after unboxing so it doesn’t wobble with speeds around 12mph
- Some hills might be hard to climb depending on the grade
- Lithium battery should be discharge on a monthly basis to prolong its life
This boosted electric skateboard is best utilized in urban environments and terrains. The vehicle-grade of the board is designed for maximum stability and to minimize downtime while skateboarding. Boosted boards is the number one manufacturer of electric skateboards, and as now they had struggles the past few months, it is an amazing opportunity to grab one of those electric longboards for a much cheaper price. Think of it as buying an Apple on discount.
- Low weight – allows you to carry it anywhere and even a young kid can lift it
- Able to climb grades of up to 25% at high speeds
- Regenerative braking and extra traction grip tape
- Goes really fast and at 22mph there’s a danger of serious injuries, especially if the kid doesn’t use protective wear.
We recommended this electric longboard for kids that are 9 years old at least, just as the manufacturer advises. Don’t worry if your kid is heavier, the board supports the heavyweight of up to 220lbs which equals to around 100kg.
Max speed – 10 mph up to 15 on downhill
Battery – (2.4 GHz), digital, hand-held remote with wrist strap (replaceable) and 22V lithium-ion rechargeable and replaceable battery
- Comes pre-assembled, you can ride it straight out of the box without any assembly needed.
- Wireless digital remote controlled with a 22V lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Rear-wheel drive motor which is maintenance free as it lacks timing belt or chain
- Customers report issues with the top speed in some cases
- Climbs inclines hard with a heavier weight of 150lbs
- Some report noise higher than usual during use
The battery of this electric skateboard for children is hidden into the deck and on first look it seems it’s a regular skateboard.
Its center of gravity is low and the general rigidity is high level, this electric board will last longer than you think.
Weight Capacity: 100kg/220lb
Max Speed: 10-20km/h
- Battery has a 2-hours long charge and is powerful enough even for hills of up to 30 degrees.
- The board is made from 7 layers of Canadian maple deck making it much more smoother when passing through rough terrain. It’s also much more rigid when taking hits during skateboarding.
- Wireless remote control with LED display that even shows your current speed, power mode and other functions.
- Recommended to charge and discharge the battery at least once a month which is regular maintenance of this unit when not being used.
This electric skateboard is one of the most compact and lightweight you can find on the market. The motor is maintenance-free and with decent power.
It also comes with a wireless Bluetooth remote with which you can change speeds while skateboarding. The battery is integrated in the board’s deck for better protection of the power unit..
Main features of the Voyager Neutrino esk8:
Max Speed -12.5 MPH
Range – 7 Miles Max Range
Weight – 9.5 LB
Max Load – 176 LB
- The remote shows battery status and controls riding modes
- Safe to use in rainy weather when it’s not too excessive
- High-speed motor with 350W of power.
- Some customers complaint of the battery charge progressively becoming less durable
- Some report air bubble on top of the board’s finish layer
With this electric skateboard model for kids you will get full control over the kick-start at the start. The motor drives the rear wheels of the board and its power may be precisely controlled via the wireless digital hand-held remote.
Motor – 125W
Max speed – 10 mph (16 km/h) for up to 40 minutes
Battery – 22V lithium-ion battery pack
Max weight – 220lbs
- Long deck – 75cm with a light weight, making it perfect for urban cruises
- Wheels made of urethane and custom trucks for improved stability
- Rear-wheel drive
- Issues with the battery may appear after several weeks of use (reported from amazon users)
This electric skateboard is best on smooth sidewalks and is suitable to kids of any age and size. The wheels are designed in a way that allow you to ride even on roads that are a bit wet and through small puddles.
Range – 9.3 miles
Max speed – 16 mph
Weight – 8.82lbs
Power – 250 Watt
- The board’s body is made of 6-layered maple deck
- The remote control gives you a wide range of functions you can change
- Comes with a 6-month warranty period
- The remote controller shows speed in km/h, most prefer mp/h
- Actual size might appear to be smaller than on images online
This electric skateboard for kids might take the 9th position in our rank list but is certainly worth every dollar! It’s extremely light and can be carried anywhere with ease. With it, you can escape the traffic jam that’s been slowing you down recently and you will be avoiding the frustration from public transport as well.
Main characteristics of the Skatebolt electric board for children:
Range – 9.3miles
Max speed – 12.4 mph
Weight – 7.9 lbs
Power – 250 Watt
- Very lightweight
- Remote control shows battery status and allows cruise control function
- Easily replaceable wheels
- Sensitive remote control
- Confusing color code during charging
- Suitable for lightweight riders, primarily young kids
This electric skateboard for kids by WeSkate is perfect for beginners. It’s lightweight, yet powerful with a decent battery for prolonged use. It doesn’t have any innovative features but provides the owner everything basic that they need.
Main characteristics of the WeSkate E200:
Net weight: 4.8KG
Battery Type: 29.4V lithium battery
Max weight – 260 pounds
- The max load capacity is higher than the competitors in the list
- Adjustable speed modes for better safety and control
- Waterproof level of IP44
- Buyers report that actual max weight is below 200lbs
- Battery is sealed so it’s hard to replace in case of malfunction